Wissotzky Tea Green Tea Chest, Assorted Tea Collection w/ 80 Assorted Green Teas
Average customer review:
(325 customer reviews)
World renowned since 1849, Wissotzky tea offers a tempting selection of 80 assorted teas.
Wissotzsky Blood Orange & Mandarine Tea - A citrus orchard teaming with vitamin C. An exhilarating of tart Blood oranges and sweet Mandarines gives this infusion its unique flavor.
Wissotzsky English Breakfast Tea - English Breakfast is a blend of the finest tea leaves growing in the hilly areas of Ceylon, India and Kenya. A classic blend based on the famous English tradition which makes a refreshing stimulating beverage.
Wissotzsky Classic Tea This special home blend of superior quality black teas from India, Africa and Ceylon has been produced for nearly 160 years. A strong, full bodied tea blend with a rich flavor and aroma.
Wissotzsky Earl Grey Tea - This unique blend of orange pekoe and pekoe black cut teas with its famous, luxurious natural oil of bergamot has been prepared according to the special recipe of the 2nd Earl of the House of Grey. Mediterranean Spearmint
Wissotzsky Mediterranean Spearmint NANA Tea - A celebrated Mediterranean tradition with a cool refreshing breeze. The finest blend of selected tea leaves and fresh spearmint gives this aromatic infusion its unique scintillating flavor.
Wissotzsky Chamomile Tea - Using fresh, dry, fragrant evergreen chamomile flowers, this aromatic herbal tea is famous, for its calming effects. It soothes and relaxes with each sip providing a totally tranquil feeling. Caffeine Free.
Wissotzsky Cherry Tea - This mixture of the finest tea leaves with cherries, Hibiscus, and other fine ingredients gives you an unique dark red drink that combines tea with the natural flavor and aroma of cherries. -
Wissotzsky Wildberry Nectar Tea - An exquisite blend of wild forest berries, blackberries, blackcurrant and raspberries creates an infusion with a rich flavor and fragrant aroma. Caffeine Free.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #135192 in Grocery & Gourmet Food
- Brand: Wissotzky Tea
- Model: 603741000737
- Dimensions: 2.25" h x 9.50" w x 12.50" l,
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Most helpful customer reviews
42 of 44 people found the following review helpful.
Delicate Aromas and Fine Sentiments in a Chest Of Green Tea - Highly Recommended A++
By J. Tharayil
I recently purchased a Wissotzky Green Tea Chest and have been mightily impressed with this tasteful collection of Green Tea's that is sure to please the tea-lover in your family. This review will focus on Style/Packaging, Tea Selection and Flavor, Ordering/Fulfillment Process, and Value.
- STYLE / PACKAGING (5/5): The Wissotzky Green Tea Chest arrives wrapped in thin-clear film and is suitably protected with bubblewrap / foam pellets within its larger shipping box. The 'chest' itself is approximately 13" x 10" x 3", made of a light-weight wood and is tinted a leaf-green color. The top/cover panel of the tea chest is tastefully printed with 'Green Tea' lettering in large black decorative script, with a smaller red colored Wissotzky logo as well, while the bottom panel has a descriptive sticker detailing the ingredients, contents and nutritional information. The chest is held closed by a silver metal 'flip-down' clasp which appears to be of good quality, maintaining secure closure of the contents. While initially concerned that the green color of the box might be a bit garish (ala a loud lime green), I was pleasantly surprised to find a more subdued shade that would not look out of place on a dark / mohoganied kitchen counter or drawer. The green tint is also sufficiently light enough to ensure the wood grain on the chest is visible.
- TEA SELECTION / FLAVOR (5/5): The Green Tea Chest contains an 80-count of teabags wrapped in individual paper wrappers, color coded and with a short description on each item. There are a total of 6 different flavors to include - 20 Green Teas with Verbana & Lemongrass (Lemon Flavor), 20 Green Teas with Spearmint Leaves / Oil (Spearmint Flavor), 10 Green Teas with Jasmine (Jasmine Flower Flavor), 10 Green Teas with Citrus (Orange Peels, Lemon and Citrous Flavor), 10 Green Teas with Ginger and Lemongrass (Ginger Root, Lemongrass, Lemon Peels Flavor), and 10 Green Teas with Wildberries and Passionfruit (Hibiscus Flower, Rosehip, Salka, Blueberries, Black Currant, Rasberry, Strawberry, Woodberry and Passionfruit flavor). Most everyone will have a favorite flavor they wish they had more of, so I do not dock any points for wishing for an extra 10 of the 'Wildberries and Passionfruit' flavor, instead of the 20 included 'Spearmint' flavor, but this is just a personal perference. Depending on the flavor you choose to indulge in, once steeped in boiling water, the tea bags immediately turn your cup either a light lemon-green color (for the Citrous, Lemongrass flavors) or a light mossy green-brown tint (for the Wildberry, Ginger/Lemongrass and Spearmint flavors). Regular Green Tea drinkers might notice that the color achieved is not the brilliant green as some other green tea brands, and it is unclear to me (without additional research) whether this is due to the type of tea leaves used, or due to the addition of the various flower/fruit ingredients as part of each flavor profile. Nevertheless, what does stand out immediately is the delightfully delicate aroma that fills the immediate space - it is evident just by scent alone which of these aromatic flavors you have chosen for the day, and you will delight in selecting your daily brew. Purists will enjoy these teas as is, and no sweeteners are necessary.
- ORDERING / FULFILLMENT (4/5): Overall, I was impressed with the efficacy and professionalism of the ordering process and the Wissotzky Tea Company in particular, but this does come with a caveat. Having ordered the item (from Amazon) in time for the holidays, you will imagine my horror upon opening the package (which arrived as expected within 5 business days) to find an entirely different Wissotzky tea chest from the one ordered. I am not going to try to assign blame to either Amazon or Wissotzky for the fulfillment screw-up, but upon placing a call to Wissotzky Tea headquarters in Tel Aviv, Israel, the reaction was courteous, professional and importantly, immediate. I received a call from Wissotzky's US location within the hour to confirm that the correct item was being shipped to me, expedited. Mistakes will happen, and while I had to wait an extra 2 days to receive the correct item, the immediacy of the response ensured I received the product in time for the holidays and that was well appreciated.
- VALUE (4/5): This was one area where I felt Wissotzky Tea could improve so as to become an automatic choice. At $40 for an 80 teabag-count case, the unit cost works out to $0.50/teabag. I compared this to a number of other green tea brands including Kirkland Signature (Costco Brand) Ito En Matcha Green Tea ($0.21/teabag), and The Stash Company's Premium Green Tea ($0.13/teabag) on the lower end of the price scale to the Bentley Assorted Tea Chest ($0.39/teabag), Bigelow Tea Chest ($0.80/teabag), and Tea Forte Tea Chest ($1.10/teabag) on the higher end, and the Wissotzky line runs right around the mid-range of the available options.
In conclusion, having compared options from a number of different companies I selected the Wissotzky Green Tea Chest for having a fine collection of all Green Teas, in a handsome chest, at a decent price. Some might argue that the Bigelow and Bentley Tea Chests/boxes have a higher quality wood/finish (which is true, but they also do not have an all Green Tea offering), or that Stash Premium Green Teas come at a much lower unit cost. Ultimately, everyone will need to decide which features are most important to them - tea flavors, unit cost, tea-types (green/black/assortments), plain box packaging vs keepsake/gift chests etc. I for one am extremely satisfied with this purchase, and am enjoying this delectable collection of fine Green Teas. Highly Recommended A++.
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful.
Not good value for what really is a strictly average tea.
By Amazon Customer
Most of the teas are very average. The Nana tea tastes and smells like Spearmint oil. I am sure they added spearmint oil to make it more fragrant. The berry blossom tea reeks of artificial berry flavor. The Earl Grey has too much bergamot essence. The English breakfast is the only one I really liked. The chamomile is strictly average because the bags are filled with highly ground chamomile which means they probably used the cheap quality chamomile.
87 of 88 people found the following review helpful.
I ordered this Wissotzky Tea Box for a business associate (and close friend)who lives in another state. Not only did it arrive early (thank you), but following is the email I received directly from my friend: "The wooden box is beautiful and I am going to save it always for my tea-even when the tea runs out. It has a beautiful latch and hinges and great art work. It is perfect. I love the tea selection. I am going to use the tea and box for my Christmas brunch for my family." It is so reassuring to send a gift (without seeing it) and know it will be a quality purchase.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.