|Issues:||11 issues / 12 months|
Availability: Your first issue should arrive in 6-10 weeks.Average customer review:
(143 customer reviews)
Bon Appetit is America's #1 food and entertaining magazine. You'll enjoy twelve months of great menus, cozy dinners, great advice and much more! Each issue is filled with delicious time-saving recipes, easy and elegant entertaining ideas, world class restaurant dishes made simple, and topped off by wine reviews and recommendations.
- Brand: Conde Nast Publications
- Formats: Magazine Subscription, Print
Who Reads Bon Appetit?
Bon Appetit readers are passionate, hands-on cooks who love being in the kitchen, entertaining, traveling, and dining out. They are interested in what's new in the food world, as well as up-to-date information on wine, beer, and spirits. Bon Appetit appeals to a wide variety of readers: Experienced cooks will find plenty of articles that improve their skills, while those new to the kitchen will learn the basics and more with the friendly and accessible format. When readers are crunched for time, they turn to Bon Appetit for creative, fresh, and modern dishes that can be made in just a few minutes.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
- Fast, Easy, Fresh: Quick weeknight recipes that feature seasonal ingredients and interesting twists on favorite dishes.
- Family Style: A fast, fun dinner that everyone in the family will enjoy, plus ideas for what to do with the leftovers.
- At the Market: What's in season now and how to make the most of it.
- Cooking Life: One woman's adventures in the kitchen, with recipes.
- Health Wise: How to eat healthfully and well.
- Wine & Spirits: What to drink now.
- Prep School: Tips and tools from the Bon Appetit test kitchen to help you cook with confidence.
- Features: In-depth articles on a wide variety of topics. Recent issues have covered a dinner party in the garden; how to make your own corned beef; 30-minute desserts; An eco-vacation on an Italian farm; cooking from the farmers market; inexpensive kitchen makeovers; and more.
Bon Appetit attracts some of the best food writers and recipe developers around, including Molly Wizenburg of the blog "Orangette," and cookbook writers Jeanne Thiel Kelly, Melissa Clark, Sara Foster, Bruce Aidells, Molly Stevens, and Rozanne Gold.
Bon Appetit's layout is clean, modern, and full of lush color photography. Most recipes are photographed so that readers get an idea of the presentation of the dish. Some stories feature step-by-step illustrations explaining technique.
Comparisons to Other Magazines:
In the world of food magazines, Bon Appetit stands out for its accessible approach to fine cooking. Bon Appetit takes an inclusive approach to stories, inviting readers in whatever their skill level and promising a delicious outcome every time.
The editors of Bon Appetit have won many awards, including several James Beard awards for food journalism, an American Society of Magazine Editors award for best special issue, and numerous travel awards. Bon Appetit articles have appeared in The Best American Food Writing and The Best American Travel Writing.
Most helpful customer reviews
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
I did not want this subscription to continue. I got it free, but they ended up charging me a ton at the end, even though I tried to cancel it. Way too expensive.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
the magazine itself has transformed from one of the best cooking magazines to one of unpredictable quality issue by ...
I receive this zine as a gift and while I appreciate the gesture, the magazine itself has transformed from one of the best cooking magazines to one of unpredictable quality issue by issue. It's okay, but not memorable and I would recommend just getting the recipes online.
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
I was worried I wouldn't love this magazine because I thought it might be a little on the snooty side-- I was wrong! The dishes may be shmancy sometimes but they maintain a down-to-earth feel which I love so much. I'm always learning about some new ingredient I want to try!